Friday, January 17, 2014

Dancing with the Devil

My home is not a temple. ------a little dancing with the devil has probably gone on in every room.

When I was little my dad told me a story about a man who had a house that was full of unclean spirits. One day he cleaned house and chased them all away....but he didn't fill his house with anything good...he just left it empty and all the evil spirits moved back in, each bringing 7 more bad spirits with him. (based on Matt 12:43-45)

 There are many other scripture stories where Jesus has cast out devils and unclean spirits. Why do I never hear of this happening today? Don't some of us have unclean spirits in us .....and maybe devils? Couldn't it help to have Priesthood blessings to cast out evil spirits?

Being a woman, I don't have the power to cast out devils but today I installed a Devil Blocker over my home.... all by myself. I feel pretty happy about it. I went to www.opendns.com and changed some settings on my modem and now it filters EVERY internet device in my home..... this gives me greater peace of mind that my teenage daughter's IPod Touch now has a filter and the tablets and labtops and it even covers the cellular phones....and it was free.

Go dance somewhere else, DEVIL!

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking who he may devour." (1 Peter 5:8)




2 comments:

  1. Glad to know something like that exists, I'll be installing that soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a woman's prayer can cast out unclean spirits. I don't think you have to hold the priesthood to cast them out!

    ReplyDelete