Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Principle of Compensation


Hello, this is Rose. My sister Daisy asked me to write an entry about my experience with the principle of compensation.  So I’d like to tell you about my experience and how it might relate to those who read this blog. 

When I was 20ish, I was sure I would be finding prince charming in the next couple of years.  10 years of failed relationships and dating dry spells later, I found myself at 31 and still single.  At times, the loneliness and hopelessness was as sharp as a knife.  Going to visit another sister (we will call her Tulip) who was about my age and had a loving husband and a house full of kids sliced right through my heart.   Pretty much every day for 10 years I prayed to find my husband.  I know this might not seem like a hard thing for some people, but for me it was the hardest trial of my life.  There were times I even questioned if God loved me.  During this time, I read a talk by a sweet man:

 “The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude.
“One of the blessings of the gospel is the knowledge that when the curtain of death signals the end of our mortal lives, life will continue on the other side of the veil. There we will be given new opportunities. Not even death can take from us the eternal blessings promised by a loving Heavenly Father.” --Joseph B. Wirthlin

I started to notice, that although Heavenly Father hadn’t answered my big prayer of finding my husband, he answered without fail every one of my little prayers. He granted my request to safely lift heavy patients at work, he miraculously found an expensive lost hearing aid of a patient, he helped me keep work and friend relationships solid despite some difficult circumstances. He provided me with inspiring and delightful role models and even an angel to teach me to be happy being older and single.  I got to the point where I made my little requests to Heavenly Father with confidence, knowing that He would grant them.  Eventually, He did finally answer my big prayer to find my husband.  We were married when I was 32. He is a good man like Moroni and I love him with all my heart.

The principle of compensation can apply to any trial. For some compensations, we might have to wait until after this probationary time, but please look for ways that God is compensating for your pain today. You will find them. 

Women are that they might have joy!

love,

Rose

1 comment:

  1. God is good. He does love us. Thanks for sharing this principle.

    ReplyDelete