Thursday, February 13, 2014

Chocolate Scrub




When a special occasion like Valentines Day creeps nearer and nearer my blood pressure creeps higher and higher. 
These holidays seem to erupt the problems that on normal days may lay dormant.
Valentines Day can be an exceptionally sticky occasion, especially when the "Valentine" has an addiction. It's expected to be a day of love sharing but addictions can be love-BLOCKERS---The love and warmth I have shown and felt for my sweetheart hasn't always seeped through his love-blocking filter so he is usually feeling starved for love no matter what I do and then I end up being starved for love.

Just pondering what I can do for him on this Hallmark holiday makes my arms feel weak, my heart have irregular beats and I feel dizzy.

To ease my stress, I think this year my valentine will be Me.
I could use a little more self-care and compassion and I will accept my gift with an open heart. A little extra pampering sounds fabulous and I will let my love and appreciation for myself sink deep into my soul and let it heal me.
 
What sounds good to me right now is a Self Spa.
--A bowl of ice-cream, a honey-dew facial and a chocolate body scrub.

Happy Valentines Day to Me and to each of YOU!
 

Chocolate Body Scrub
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp almond extract
Mix. Scoop in little jars. Depending on the size of the jars,
you might have a jar for yourself and also gifts for your visiting teachees! :)
To use: Gently massage onto body to exfoliate and moisturize skin.
This will look crazy weird, smell delicious and make you laugh out loud.
Afterwards your skin will feel amazing.
 Not for facial use.

Honey-Dew Facial
Clean face and spread honey on like a mask.
Rest for as long as you'd like and then wash off with warm wash cloth.

Ice Cream
http://www.graeters.com/



1 comment:

  1. the chocolate scrub sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing it. Hope u have a great valentines day!

    ReplyDelete