Monday, December 9, 2013

I Saw an Angel in the Temple!



    

     I’m pretty sure that I saw an angel last time I went to the temple…… She even talked to me.
     My purpose in attending the temple that day was to find out God’s will for me and my handsome addict husband.  I was going to sit in the Celestial room until He gave me some direction…so I sat and prayed and prayed and sat… and …..NOTHING! No whisper, no inspiration, no NADA.
      Feeling like heaven was closed for me on that day I got up from the comfy white chair and was about to leave the Celestial room when a temple worker dressed in white intercepted me with a question. I can’t remember what her first question was but she pulled me into a conversation where I learned some cool things about her like that she has 11 kids! I felt safe enough with this stranger to confide to her my “secret”. She responded by telling me that she had the same “secret” -----her husband is also an addict. She said that for a while he was excommunicated because of his related bad choices. Then she said, “Stay with him. It will all be worth it.” She told me that her husband had been re-baptized and was working that day in the temple too.
     Was she an angel from heaven or an angel on earth?…I don’t know.
     I have since asked my husband to move out ….because …..I want to stay with him. I know that makes no sense. I explained to my handsome husband that we have not been walking on a straight path towards heaven together. He keeps taking side trails that look more enticing. I feel that this marital separation is a necessary step on the path of being MARRIED FOREVER in the Celestial Kingdom.  This is a time for me to work on MY recovery and for him to work on HIS recovery and then we can work on the recovery of our marriage after that.
     A few weeks ago my husband had an appointment with the bishop. My 14 year old asked, “Why?” and I told her that the bishop helps keep our family on the “straight and narrow.” She then replied. “I want to stay on the wide and crooked.” 
     I wonder if my temple angel has advice on raising teenagers too….

--Daisy

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! This blog will help so many people.

    ReplyDelete