Thursday, February 15, 2018

Emotional Check-Ins




Few things have helped me (and my husband) more in our recovery from addiction and betrayal trauma than emotional check-ins. This is a simple and powerful practice that helps foster connection with self and others.

I first learned how to do a check-in in LifeStar Therapy. Everyone is pretty sick when they first show up there so they started out easy by showing us a page of emojis to chose from. All we had to do was point to the face that best described how we were feeling. As easy as that sounds, it took some practice. Many addicts have shut off their emotions to sleep at night and their loved one's have shut off their emotions to keep breathing.

After trying many different check-in's, I decided that none of them had all the elements that I loved so I created my own. It is attached to the acronym C. H. E. C. K.- I. N.. If you have any questions, just reach out to me in the comments.



Check-In
Emotionally connecting with self and partner

Clean living date: (What is the sobriety date? For the loved one, how is my serenity today?)
How have I worked recovery today? (Step work, exercise, scriptures, service, talking to sponsor....)
Emotions: (How do I feel today?)
Compliments: (Share the positives I see in my partner.)
Knots or Kinks in self: (What is my own junk to own and work on?)

I need .... (What do I need?)
Newsworthy blessings: (Principles learned, a Hand of God moment that day.)



Happy connecting,
Daisy


Wait on the Lord: be of good courage and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
 -Psalms 27:14







3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you so much for the insights! How do you descern your emotional sobriety ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just occur to me that I have not done the right thing since when my husband came back to me, I am on this blog to give thanks to whom it deserve, Some couples of weeks ago my life was in a terrible shape because my husband left me and I never believe that I was going to get him back, But through the help of this powerful spell caster called Dr.Ekpen my life is now in a joyful mood, I must recommend the services of Dr.Ekpen to anyone out there that they should contact Dr.Ekpen through these details below: ( ekpentemple@gmail.com ) or whatsapp +2347050270218 because through Dr.Ekpen assistance my marriage was restored.

    ReplyDelete