Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Broken Together

Years ago when I was dating my future husband we attended a dance in a castle-like venue. Towards the end of the evening, we found ourselves out on a torrent that over looked the city.
 It was magical and we were excited about our fairy-tail life together.
 As we were slow dancing alone, he asked me what our theme song should be.

I had no idea.

[Fast forward 30 years]

Yesterday I heard the song "Broken Together" for the first time.




 I love it. I have found our theme song. When my husband came home from work, I told him the news and asked him if he wanted to hear it. He asked me if it was going to make him happy or sad. :-)
 We watched it together and then held hands in quiet silence.

Our life has not been a fairy-tail.
It's been REAL.
Sometimes it's been REAL hard.
Right now it's REAL sweet.
We are broken together.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful song! Definitely crying. :) Thank you for sharing. (This is Laurie, btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could barely get through this video. Very sad and also sweet. --Rose

    ReplyDelete